Calendar Reminders -
* School will be dismissed early at 12:45pm on Holy Thursday, 3/29/18. There will be no PreK Enrichment or Aftercare.
* Club photos for the yearbook will be taken on Thursday, 3/29/18. If your child participates in scouting and you wish them to appear in their scout shirt for the club photo, please have them bring the shirt to school. Students will put the shirt on for the photo but otherwise should be in the SMS uniform of the day.
* School will be closed on Good Friday, 3/30/18, and Monday, 4/2/18. Have a blessed and happy Easter!
* Our April School Mass will NOT take place on Tuesday, 4/3/18, as originally scheduled. Once the Mass has been rescheduled, we will announce the new date.
* School will be closed from Monday, 4/9/18 - Friday, 4/13/18 for Spring vacation. The relaxed uniform may be worn when school reopens on Monday, 4/16/18. Please remember that a belt is required with walking shorts and school shoes are required with the relaxed uniform. Please take a few minutes ahead of 4/16, to assure that the relaxed uniforms worn in the fall still fit appropriately and are in good condition so that there is time to purchase replacements if needed.
Do You Know a Family that Should Be #uKnighted? Invite Them to Spring Open House! Wednesday, April 4th at 6:30pm click here to learn more about our New Family Referral Program! It will be a great opportunity to visit classrooms, meet our faculty and staff and learn more about the the advantages of a Catholic education. Your invitation could help you pay your tuition -
For more information or to RSVP please contact Toni Chagnon, 860-658-9412 or
2018-19 Family Enrollment Agreements & Fees were due Monday, 3/26/18. If you have not returned your enrollment material yet, please do so ASAP. Reminder courtesy calls will be made during the week of April 2 for those families who have not returned their enrollments. If you have questions about your enrollment packet, please contact the school office.
CHOICE News - The 2017-18 CHOICE program concludes on 4/30/18. Participation in the CHOICE program is a mandatory part of your family's financial commitment to SMS if your children are in grades K-8. CHOICE statements will be provided after Easter to all families with an outstanding balance. CHOICE purchases made beginning 5/1/18 will be credited to the 18-19 CHOICE program.
The School Board Meeting originally scheduled for 3/21/18, will be held on Tuesday, April 3rd at 7pm in the lower church. All are welcome. Mrs. Williamson will present the annual State of the School report.
School Board News - Do you know someone interested in serving our school as a member of our School Board? Would you like to be a part of our School Board? There will be 2 openings on our board for the 18-19 school year. Please contact Sarah Mutarelli, SMS School Board Chair, if you want to learn more or would like to be considered for nomination.
Sponsorship Opportunities are available, too! A sponsorship form is being sent home with each family's youngest or only child today - 3/28/18. You can also click here to download a copy.
Hands On Learning in Fourth Grade - Students in Sister Mary Kolbe's fourth grade classroom had the opportunity to learn more about how hosts are made using a machine from 1918 that is used by Sister's congregation for educational purposes.
Congratulations to our five FMI All State Symphonic Musicians! From left, Hannah K., Gr, 8 and Faith P., Gr. 7. Both girls also made the All State Flute Choir (top 12) in CT. Francesca C., Gr.8 and Sophia G., Gr. 7 and Jenna G., Gr, 8 top chair out of all trombones and also a member of the FMI All State Jazz Band, Chair 3!
Domenic Cirielli, SMS Class of 2014, will be graduating from Simsbury High School this June. His notable achievements include National Honor Society, National Business Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society and Trojan Code Character Distinction. Domenic is looking forward to attending Seton Hall University in Fall 2018. His commitment to academic excellence and strong work ethic has also earned him acceptance into the Leadership Honors Program at the Stillman School of Business.